Our Vision: To be a vital and growing faith community, with overflowing worship services and Christian growth opportunities. A church filled with compassion-centered ministries through which all find a place and take God’s love into the world.
We belong to a larger body of faithful Christians called The Diocese of Southern Ohio under the care and direction of the Rt. Rev. Thomas Breidenthal. Our diocese represents 30,000 Episcopalians in more than 80 churches throughout the southern half of Ohio.
The present parish began in 1872 with the establishment of Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in Hartwell, a community adjacent to south of Wyoming. In 1893, several families successfully petitioned the bishop for permission to begin “Ascension Mission” in Wyoming, about a mile and a half from Hartwell. The site of the present church was purchased in 1894.
After 75 years as two separate congregations, the members of these two churches voted to form one strong parish. With the merger of Ascension & Holy Trinity complete, a new church building soon became a reality. Proceeds from the sale of the Holy Trinity property and several major capital fund drives eliminated the parish debt. The present church was consecrated in 1975.
A&HT’s facilities include a church, education building, and parish hall, joined together as one unit. A memorial garden is located in a recessed area between the church and parish hall and faces Burns Avenue. A gathering place patio, created in 2005, is located next to the education building and faces Worthington Avenue. During the summer, at 8:30am on Sunday morning, a casual worship service is offered in this beautifully landscaped outdoor setting.
The parish hall and various meeting rooms in the education building are available for use, by community groups. Please contact the church office for more information.